Helsinki / Espoo / Turku / Vaasa / pick-your-choice
Safegrid is looking for a senior software professional to join our ambitious team in building the most intelligent electrical utility network monitoring company on this planet.
The importance of electrical utility networks as the backbone of modern societies is growing exponentially every year, not least because most new clean energy sources lean on electrical grids for energy transmission.
If solving one of the biggest problems in one of the fastest-growing industries is on your bucket list, you have found the perfect opportunity to do just that.
Our system uses low-cost and easy-install IoT sensors spread among the medium-voltage distribution network, sending data to cloud servers for further signal processing and machine learning analytics for multiple purposes. Our big and long term competitive advantage comes from a huge data store of event recordings from our customers’ networks, which we utilize for constant improvement of the system and new feature development.
What we’re looking for:
We’re currently looking for a person responsible for developing the fault indication and location algorithms with Python, Vue and ML tools and integrations to our customers’ distribution management systems. You would be working as a part of our Finland-based development team to develop amazing and useful views into power utility networks status.
Required experience from previous projects:
- Experience in building web applications, especially backend but also front
- Some experience in signal processing principles and machine learning concepts
- Ability to work and communicate fully in English.
- Open communicator, ability to express ideas to others in an understandable way.
- Attention to detail while working on the big picture.
- Self-driven, hard working team player.
- Ability to think from the client’s and the end-user’s perspective.
We consider the following expertise a plus:
- Experience in Python language.
- Experience in machine learning techniques.
- Experience in signal processing.
- User experience design.
- Design systems.
- Vue development.
- Git and GitHub, cloud computing, linux servers
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and health benefits.
- Possibility of stock options.
- Professional growth opportunities.
- Remote flexibility – our company has been “remote” from the start.
- Open vacation policy.
- Collaboration with achievers and dreamers who make big things happen.
We think you would like it here because:
We care about our employees and value proactive communication. We achieve our goals by keeping promises and supporting each other with empathy, respect, and a dry sense of humour. Our team is united by a drive to improve the utility grid networks reliability across the globe.
Safegrid does not discriminate on the basis of age, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
For more information please use the contact button below.