Safegrid is looking for a senior full-stack developer with primary focus on backend development with Python.
What is Safegrid?
In short, we locate faults in electrical grids. When a tree falls on a power line and causes a fault, an electromagnetic pulse is emitted, traveling at near light speed away from the fault. Our devices measure this pulse and send the data to our servers, where the fault location can be calculated. Grid operators can then send their crew directly to the correct location.
We are not the first to have this idea, of course; the first publication is from 1931. But we are the first to build a solution that works. Like really works. We can reach 100 m accuracy in the real world, not only in the lab. And not only does our solution work, it is also economical and scalable, as testified by multiple happy customers in Finland and abroad.
Safegrid was founded in Finland in 2019 and we currently have offices in Espoo and Turku. At the moment we are a small team of 25 people, with seven developers / data scientists. And even though we are based in Finland, we aim to be the global leader in what we do.
What we are looking for
As a full-stack developer you would be working with the server and front-end components of our core product, both to improve existing functionality and to build new features on top of the data collected by our devices. We work as a team–you do not need to know everything, but we hope you can elevate our team on what you know best.
Tech skills needed to be successful
- Excellent practical knowledge of modern Python, web technologies, and best practices for backend development.
- Good understanding of modern web server architecture. You can design and build towards the desired architecture.
- Good working knowledge of SQL databases (we use PostgreSQL).
- Some experience with deploying and maintaining web services in Kubernetes or cloud environments (we use Azure).
- Some amount of real life experience with frontend development (we use Vue).
Other important skills
- Good at sharing knowledge and eager to learn more.
- You know what it takes to build software with others and strive to make everyone around you work better as a team.
- You know how to balance speed and quality both short-term and long-term.
- Interested in learning enough of the business side to understand what the customers need and why. Our goal is to add customer value, not lines of code.
- Any experience on product management or working as a team lead is very much appreciated.
What we offer
- Interesting work in a growing company with a great product and happy customers.
- Competitive salary, stock options, health benefits and lunch vouchers.
- Laptop of your choice and company phone.
- Possibility to combine remote and local work. We typically work at the office a few days per week and remote on other days.
How to apply
Interested or just want to learn more? Please fill in the form below and include either your CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile.
If we decide to proceed, the first step would be a discussion to learn more about each other—you surely have questions we couldn’t answer here. The interview consists of two parts: a one hour technical interview and a live coding task with Python. We’d love to meet you at our office at least once during the process, but other steps can be done remotely.